Love for the se-R

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Sun Oct 30 10:49:23 CST 2005

Generally, speaking these days, most people seem to prefer on-line
forums to mailing lists.  This is sad, because the signal-to-noise ratio
of forums is terrible.  I drop by sr20forum.com and nissanforums.com now
and again, but most of the time it's only if I have time I'm wasting
even more otherwise, or I have something specific to search for.

In the last 12 years, there's only been about 1 year total when I didn't
own a SR20DE powered B13.  These days it's a 1991 SE-R that's set up for
rally support and rallycross competition, which *might* get a cage and
see real rally competition.  Or I might choose to work with something
cheaper to fix (read, domestic) during my novice period.  Regardless,
the car is miserable to drive any distance, and and absolute blast to
drive at the limits on gravel.

I'm 13 years older than I was when I first joined the list, and like a
lot of the old-timers, married, and have a kid.  Our family hauler is
now a 2005 Altima 3.5SE (which, due to all the lovely torque of that
VQ35, feels faster than my Subaru WRX).   Actually, I've reached the
point where the WRX is too small, and I'm wanting to get rid of it (and
my Chevy K1500) and replace them with an Xterra.  But we just bought the
Altima and are finishing building a new house, so I'll have to wait.