225/50/15 tires

John A. Heer jheer at walterhav.com
Mon Sep 12 09:51:38 CDT 2005

Hinh:

I've got 205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta MX on stock B14 wheels with the
AGX/Hyperco combo now with absolutely no rubbing issues.  Since my
Kumhos are almost gone, I need to replace them soon with summer/track
rubber.  I have a possible deal in line to get a gorgeous set of grey
ATS DTC 15x7 wheels (less than 13 lbs each) with Potenza SO-3, but the
225/50/15 size of the tire scares me.

I know someone on this list has done the 225 width tires, but I don't
remember what offset they used and whether rolling the fenders was
necessary.

Offset?
Roll the fenders?

Thanks, everyone.