Gas Prices

Matt mrog71 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 13:42:31 CDT 2005

Well, nice to have a car that gets around 30 mpg for my long-ass commute, if I drive it semi-civil.  Time to tell the wife to stop driving the damn mini-van all over town.

Lawrence Weeks <lweeks at anabasis.net> wrote:On Sep 1, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Lawrence Weeks wrote:

> When I heard on the radio Tuesday that the
> September gas futures jumped up $0.40, I immediately went and filled
> up. With the refineries down, the pipelines off ... gas is going up and
> up and up.

The Wall St. Journal today writes that the Sept. futures price on the
NY market is $2.65/gal as of Wednesday. That generally lags about $.65
behind retail, and then you add in taxes. $4.00/gal, here we come.