Followup - Re: Power steering overheating, or?

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Tue Jul 19 23:42:41 CDT 2005

Peter Serwe wrote:

>I'd put a vote in for the rack being the worn part.

>If the pump was bad, I'd think you'd have stiffness
>throughout the entire range.  You losing fluid anywhere?

Well, yes.  I have no idea what kind of fluid it is, nor where it comes
from though.  It doesn't appear to be from the p/s though.

But the car will elak some sort of oil-like fluid out of the rust spot (
:(  ) on the trailing edge of the passenger side fender.  But I can't
find anything leaking that causing it.  I'd guess by the consistancy
that it's brake fluid, but the master cylinder resivor isn't going down
perceptibly, neither is any other fluid level.

I'll eventually find it, but between building a house, caring for a 5
month old, and looking for a full time job for when the house is done, I
have about 5 minutes at a time to spend working on the car :p

-Mark Holden