Followup - Re: Power steering overheating, or?

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Tue Jul 19 11:18:28 CDT 2005

So, I drained and flushed my p/s with a Valvoline synthetic p/s fluid.
The old stuff was roasted a nice deep brown with not a lot of the
original red visible.

I'm still having weirdness when I get the wheels turned close to their
limits (parking lot driving, etc), but the car did great running as
Advance car for the Shooting Star Rally just over a week ago, in 90+F
weather.  Pretty sure I blew a strut, but they're old and stock (or very
close) replacements anyhow, so that's not a huge surprise.

So, I think I'm still hunting the p/s problem, but it's not an immediate
concern.

-Mark Holden
'91 SE-R