Driver side axle

Bill wgs at zoominternet.net
Mon Jul 18 08:30:41 CDT 2005

Thanks to all who replied. I finished the driver's side axle in about 3
hours including the differential oil seal. I didn't remove the ball joint,
just the strut and was able to swing the hub out enough to slide out the
axle. For your information the OEM numbers for the seals are:

Passenger side - 38342-8E001
Drivers side -     38342-8E002

The drivers side seal is way bigger than the passenger side. I used the end
of a 2X4 and a few taps with a hammer to install the seal and with no leaks.
The only problem I had is I lost about half of the tranny fluid and had to
make a trip to Akron to Summit Racing for the MT90. It took about 3.5 qts.
Thanks again Mark Holden.

 Bill Shafer '91 Classic 101K some mods, 98 Quest, '02 Alt