Driver side axle

Josh Palmer jpalmer at qmiwi.com
Thu Jul 7 07:35:45 CDT 2005

At 06:37 PM 7/5/2005, you wrote:
>Also, do any of y'all have any words about how long it is
reasonable to
>leave MT90 in the gearbox for? Mine has been in there forever
and ever and
>it is just as buttery-shifting as ever. The SE-R will need new
CV boots
>soon and it is a natural time for a gearbox oil change.

I used Amsoil series 2000 75W-90 synthetic in my '93 SE-R
from 44,735 to 141,715 miles. When I installed a new
clutch, flywheel & JGY LSD, I put Amsoil 80w90 synthetic
in, because I didn't see series 2000 on the webiste. The
tranny & fluid were very clean, very small amount of metal
particles on the magnetic plug. I'll probably switch back
to series 2000 the next time if it's still available.
I considered sending the used gearlube to Blackstone Labs,
but it was so clean, I didn't. I still have it, waiting to
go to the recycling station. Maybe I should send it in -
or put it back in the tranny. :)

Josh Palmer