Driver side control arm

John A. Heer jheer at walterhav.com
Wed Jun 22 12:39:31 CDT 2005

Hey Listers:

I have been having problems with the driver's side ball joint going bad
and now popping loose from the control arm.  I have replaced the ball
joint 4 times in 2 years.  My mechanic says that the joint where the
ball joint sits is worn pretty badly, and the control arm needs to be
replaced.  He had spot welded the last two replacement ball joints into
the control arm, but the welds eventually pop loose.

Is there a reasonable internet site where I can buy the control arm for
cheaper than the local dealer?  Should I use Courtesy or the dealer
source in California (forget the name)?  I recall a site like
NissanAutoParts.com or something similar which had decent prices.

Anyone ever had trouble with this part before?  Could autocross be
causing the ball joint to wear so much?

John Heer
93 SE-R