newer brake retrofit?

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 21:52:24 CDT 2005

On 6/4/05, Ep <turbodog1 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Has anyone explored retrofitting the '00-01 sentra or '02 + front brakes to
> classics or 200's? I saw they were both 11" rotors - larger swept area
anyway.

Not a good idea; most of them are not 11" either.  11" rotors only
come on Brembo package Spec-Vs which are about a $900 upgrade on the
order sheet at the dealership.

B15s ('00+) and P11s ('99-02) are actually based on Altima (U13, L30)
brakes, which happen to be a bolt-on upgrade for P10 G20s, but require
too much rework to fit a B13 or B14.  The rotor offset may be close,
but you'd have to re-drill the rotors for the smaller bolt pattern and
fashion your own caliper bracket, and I have no idea about the
hydraulic lines.

It's much easier and almost cheaper to use a FastBrakes or similar 11"
Wilwood setup, which is far lighter and has much better pad selection.
 You can use off-the-shelf older Maxima rear brakes.  There's also a
Beck-Arnley (IIRC) Maxima rear rotor that's dual-drilled 4*100, but I
can't find the part number...

--