REALLY high emission readings

Joelburg at aol.com Joelburg at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 13:45:05 CDT 2005

In a message dated 4/27/2005 2:32:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
EEYORE5182 at aol.com writes:
WOW...
I retarded the timing a good ways by pushing the distributor to the  firewall
about a quarter of an inch (it was set about dead center before). But  with
numbers that high for NO, I'm a little stumped.  The cat is relatively  new,
but is a high flow unit.  I also have never cleaned the EGR tube  (probably a
good time to do that).  The O2 sensor is also a relatively new  piece, after
being replaced last time I had the tests done.  Any other  thoughts?
WOW. Thats a lot. Ive always put half a quart of denatured alcohol in my gas
tank on a full tank then drive it for about 50-75 miles to bring the
hydrocarbon count down. It works wonders. I passed my 86 jeep with a leaky set of
headers and my friends 92 integra with no cats this way....