"Thar She Doesn't Blow!"

Lisa Hlava lmhlava at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 07:23:37 CDT 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 7:11 AM, annapolis13315 at netzero.net wrote:

> Mark --

> Is the horn relay still clicking?  If so, this likely means that
> everything is OK up to that point.  If not, maybe there is a problem
> with the new relay or its installation.

> The problem could be faulty grounding of the horn itself -- you might
> take a look at that.

> Good luck.  I know what you mean about Floriday drivers.

> Bill Conner

The horn relay is still clicking, both with the new piece and old.
Unfortunately, at the horn, there is only one terminal, at least on my
'91, which provides power to the horn. The new horn can be used as an
oem replacement for the 1 terminal vehicles or 2 terminal vehicles.
I'll use a ground wire to the second terminal and see what happens. I
don't think that's the problem since my old horn tests out okay with
the battery, and it's a single terminal. But, right now, I'll try just
about anything.

If there is a grounding problem, I don't believe it exists between the
horn relay and the steering wheel, because the horn relay wouldn't be
clicking... I don't think. I really don't like messing with wires and
current. But, I guess this is the next step and learning how to fix
problems with the car.

Peace,
Mark