Does anyone make 215/45/15 size tires?

jerryeads at joimail.com jerryeads at joimail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:04:12 CST 2005

I agree with Jon - assuming you don't run into body or
strut, a 215/45 is a pretty big cross section for a 7" rim.
I guessed from what i could read that the 205/40-16 on 37mm
offset was about as far as I could push it on my '93 classic
(the Hypercos bring the car down about an inch; the tire's
closer to the well in the rear, of course).  Now that
they're on there, I have maybe a 1/4 inch clearance between
the strut and the sidewall.  A 215 would get somewhat closer
to the strut. I suspect with the clearance I've got I could
have gone to 205/40-17 and not rubbed with the same offset -
but I didn't know it at the time.  AND I was thinking in
terms of NA engine horsepower - a 17 would have made for
taller gearing.  If you find such a tire as you're after,
it's within a tenth of an inch of the diameter of the
original 185/60-14.