ICs, JDM importers

Mclendon, Clay CIV 43310 clay.mclendon at navy.mil
Wed Feb 16 17:39:47 CST 2005

Jerry,
I can answer a few of your questions. I built a 92 SE-R with a GTi-R engine
swap and I kept the AC. If you keep the stock cooling system you may have
problems with keeping it cool in the summers if you have a FMIC blocking the
radiator. If no FMIC, you should be OK (even in Georgia). Keep in mind, my car
is located in South Georgia where it gets hotter than Hotlanta!

Speaking of intercoolers, before I got my FMIC, I used a DSM intercooler
mounted in front of my driver's side tire using all Home Depot products. It
was cheap (less than $100 for everything) and worked great for my needs.
You can see pics here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/claymclendon/my_photos

As for JDM importers, I bought my GTi-R engine from Best Japanese Engines in
Atlanta about 4 years ago for a song. I don't know if they are still in
business, but when I got mine, they sold ALL SR20DET's for $1000 with a six
month warranty. Mine works great to this day (without replacing bearings,
water pump, etc).

Anyway, hope that helps some...
clay - on digest

Message: 8