Hot Shot Header

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 16 16:38:00 CST 2005

At 01:24 PM 2/16/05 -0600, you wrote:
>Disassembling my car, I seem to have lost the gasket between the
>primary and secondary pipes for the header.  What is the recommended
>replacement for this gasket?

I've used nothing but Permatex Copper for years and years on my SE-R. I
might have a 300ZX gasket on there now, but I can't remember. Hothsot has a
copper gasket, too.

>Also, when I eventually do my engine swap into a P10, can I leave the
>primary attached to the head when I wrestle the engine into place from
>below?

Yes, as long as the radiator and fans are out (as they should be, since it
clears up room and takes all of five minutes) there is plenty of room for
the header or stock mani.

David