water pump replacement

CMarie310 at aol.com CMarie310 at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 10:00:01 CST 2004

In a message dated 12/22/2004 7:05:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
atteber1 at bellsouth.net writes:

George  said:

>>I have put off the water pump work for so long because  the access is such a
>>PITA (more so than on the G20) and I hope this  might make it better. Has
>>anyone already tried doing it this way,  by any  chance?

http://www.zotz.com/nissan/proc/sentra_se-r/sentra_se-r_water_pump.htm

Jim  and I did our water pumps at the same time. I don't remember draining
the  power steering fluid or completely draining the coolant system, as in
unscrewing plugs in the engine.

Mostly it was unbolting the passenger  side mount, removing it, removing
stuff in that area, loosening the water pump  pulley bolts while the belts are
tight, supporting the engine under the oil  pan with about a square foot board so
the pan isn't damaged. I think I had to  pull the pulley off the crank. Maybe
that was for some other reason. It's been  awhile. Anyway, I don't think you
have to do the power steering fluid or  engine plugs.

We just did this on my B13 and it was a big pain. We did have to remove the
power steering reservoir and drain the all the fluid. We also had to remove
one  of the bolts holding down the power steering cooler and just move it out of
the  way. There isn't much room to work so be very patient. (ANd have lots of
band  aids)

Colleen