water pump replacement

Ron A atteber1 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 22 09:05:02 CST 2004

George said:

>>I have put off the water pump work for so long because the access is such a
>>PITA (more so than on the G20) and I hope this might make it better. Has
>>anyone already tried doing it this way, by any chance?

http://www.zotz.com/nissan/proc/sentra_se-r/sentra_se-r_water_pump.htm

Jim and I did our water pumps at the same time. I don't remember draining the power steering fluid or completely draining the coolant system, as in unscrewing plugs in the engine.

Mostly it was unbolting the passenger side mount, removing it, removing stuff in that area, loosening the water pump pulley bolts while the belts are tight, supporting the engine under the oil pan with about a square foot board so the pan isn't damaged. I think I had to pull the pulley off the crank. Maybe that was for some other reason. It's been awhile. Anyway, I don't think you have to do the power steering fluid or engine plugs.

Ron Atteberry
Looking for clutch answers