Engine Long Term Storage

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:05:11 CST 2004

I'm going to pull the engine out of my Sentra once I get it home.  I'm
going to put it in my basement (which is heated and cooled)
indefinitely.  Should I make any preparations before I pull it out of
the car?  Should I change the oil and run it for a few minutes?
Should I change the oil and *not* run it?  Will it be okay to have no
coolant in the passages while I'm storing it?  Are there any additives
I should pick up at a store?

I just want to make sure I'm doing this safely.  I want to use the
engine again...some day. :)

--
-=|JP|=-   "Here; Let me show you how squeeze de fish..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |      cowboydren at b15sentra dot net        |