5th gear popout

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 28 23:12:37 CST 2004

Troy Siahaan wrote:

>My '91 classic pops out of 5th gear constantly now.  Does anyone know if
>Nissan ever recalled it?  And if so, can i still take my car to the dealer
>and have them fix it?  If not...what do i do to cure the problem?  thanks
>all...i'm sure this topic has been coverred before, but i can't find it.

Try the mailing list home page.  Larry used to have some excellent
resources on this topic.

If you're mechanically inclined enough to remove the gearbox yourself, the
repair is not that difficult.  Jim Wright came to my house one day with his
gearbox and between 3 or 4 of us we had it repaired in no time.  I think
Jim used Larry's info and an FSM IIRC.

For my part I was nervous about it.  I'd never torn apart a gearbox
before.  But it wasn't a big deal.  I wouldn't do it for my first repair
job though.

George Roffe
Houston, TX  USA
http://www.nissport.com