starter brushes

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 14 08:51:48 CST 2004

At 02:47 AM 11/14/2004, you wrote:
>Anyone know where I can get new brushes to put in my 91 G20 starter
>motor?  Or maybe an inexpensive replacement starter?

You can get internal starter (and alternator) components from Nissan.  You
need to know which make & model starter it is.  There were a few different
Hitachi and Mitsu' starters used.

You can usually find rebuild shops in most cities too, but I don't know if
they'd sell ya' parts for a DIY job, or where they get parts.  There's a
little one-man shop where I live.  He quoted me $125 for a complete
alternator rebuild, or $50 for a regulator replacement only.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '90 Miata