5th gear pop-out refresher.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Mon Oct 18 19:29:24 CDT 2004

Wayne wrote:

> Courtesy Nissan has parts kits and good diagrams here:
> http://www.courtesyparts.com/b13/oe_5th-gear.html

My only two beefs with Courtesy is that the prices
are considerably higher than they used to be, and
frankly my dear, they don't give a damn.

These days Greg V. over at Mossy both cares more
about SE-R owners, being one himself, and tends to
give better pricing all day long.  Not only that, but
Courtesy, who for a very long time was very
supportive of the SE-R community, these days tends
to not really care.

In fact, there is no longer an SE-R List Member
discount.  When asked about it, they said "Yeah,
that discount is on the web site, and everybody
gets it.".  'It seems a lot higher than I remember',
I replied.  Their reply was "Yeah, we weren't
making enough money on the parts, so we had
to raise the prices."

None of that really makes me want to give them
any business.  In some cases, my local dealer who
pays extra shipping being off the beaten path, gives
me better prices than Courtesy.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>