Leakdown problems after valve job (long)

NismoDriver at aol.com NismoDriver at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 11:50:47 CDT 2004

Jay,

I don't have any personally experience w/ running a vehicle to help seat  the
valves. Best of luck to you on that.
You're probably right in that they may have gone a little overboard with  the
polishing. Did anyone lap the valves after this was done? Did they retest
the head after the polishing? If not, I think they have a moot point. If you
have to pull the head, you may want to try to lap them yourself before going
back to *that* machine shop.
Also, is the GReddy gasket a composite or MLS? If its multilayered, you
should be able to reuse it. Best of luck!

John