Ball joints

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Tue Aug 24 22:44:58 CDT 2004

Brian wrote:

> got the balljoints at Autozone, part #FA2082 and they cost $34.99 each.

Ah yes, but did they come with zerk fittings like the Moog ones?

I think the Moog balljoints were right around the same price, or
$3-$5 more.  I bought them back when George still worked there,
from Big A (I still miss Big A).

On a side note, Autozone buys a lot of Napa's chassis parts and
just resells them.  Napa sells them to them at a discount, and
they just make whatever markup.

The same goes in reverse, and in between those two and the local
Carquest, the one that used to be an autoparts store I actually liked.

I still miss Big A.  They had quality tools, pretty reasonable prices
and a damn helpfull group of guys.  They'd usually go above and
beyond the call of duty.  Napa and Autozone *rarely* do.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.