93' NX2000 Balljoint

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Tue Aug 24 15:36:31 CDT 2004

> > Oh, that is bad! You risk damage to the control arm doing that!

> Absolutely not.  You just losen the nut on top of the ball joint.  Hit the
> control arm a few times and it falls right out.  It does no damage to the
> control arm at all.  In fact you don't hit the control arm you hit the
hub.
> Hitting just losens it up.

RK is absolutely right, I do trannies on Acuras all day long and the lower
subframe has to come out in order to get the tranny out. I beat the shit out
of the spindle- good 4-5 wacks with a BFH, stick a prybar inbetween the
controll arm and the spindle to pop the ball joint out of the spindle :) I
use a press the press the new ball joints in. It takes about hmm what 30 min
max to do one side.

Mike Jez
www.cardomain.com/ID/BlackBirdVQ