93' NX2000 Balljoint

Raymond Kawski sr20de at epix.net
Tue Aug 24 15:27:40 CDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:13:59 -0500, Brent Meints wrote

> Oh, that is bad! You risk damage to the control arm doing that!

Absolutely not.  You just losen the nut on top of the ball joint.  Hit the
control arm a few times and it falls right out.  It does no damage to the
control arm at all.  In fact you don't hit the control arm you hit the hub.
Hitting just losens it up.

Trust me I've done this more times then I can count.  I learned the trick
from someone who learned it from a profesinal mechanic.

I have removed the control arm, removed the old ball joint and installed a
new ball joint with nothing more then a BFH and a socket to pound the ball
joint in.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski