New Exhaust...Help!

Studposm36 at aol.com Studposm36 at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 09:23:20 CDT 2004

Dear List, I recently installed a hotshot header on my 96 200sx, the exhaust setup includes the header into a magnaflow high flow converter with 2 and a quarter inch pipe all the way to the magnaflow muffler.So basically there is nothing restricting but the cat. While noticing a reasonable increase in top end power i also notice the torque is not there but also more importantly for me, the sound is well at best, annoying? The car sounds good to about 3000 rpms, then comes the annoying high pitch raspy sound, that eventually quits at about 5 grand. Other than in between this range it sounds good, with a deep low rumble. I was wondering if anyone knew what i could do/install on my new exhaust to give me a lower deeper sound. THanks all for the help          Justin 96 se-r