DE block

Steve Lotho steve at nissannx.info
Mon Aug 23 14:30:11 CDT 2004

Suggestion/advice...

I have two blown USDM DE engine.  Both suffered oil starvation leading to a
really bad rod knocks to the point where it is un-drivable.  I have stripped
both engines and found the cylinder wall has been severely scored.

My question is... Can I bore out the cylinder wall, if I can depending on how
bad it is scored, and install a 300z piston in there?  Should I just keep
everything (heads, intake and so on) and discard the engine block?

Or what would you suggest to do with the two blown engines?

Just preparing for winter project!

Thanks,

Steve (aka nismo91)