new muffler setup

Justin McClanahan jcmcclanahan at cox.net
Mon Aug 9 00:23:45 CDT 2004

What part of the exhaust are you referring to?  I have a 2.5" b-pipe and was able to fit a HUGE magnaflow resonator in there and there's still a little bit more room too.
It's a 22" long body, 28" overall length, 2.5" ID 4" round muffler.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/universal/round.htm
They also make a 2" and 2.25" ID muffler in that same size.

For the rear muffler you have a TON of options.  I have a remus for the street, it's a bit restrictive, but sounds great.  For the track I got a 3" rear section.  I was able to fit a 6" round, 18" long body w/ 3" piping in there without any issues.  Could fit a much larger setup in there too, but i don't care about sound, as it's pretty much only for the track, and still quiet at that....

If you wanted it REALLY quiet, I'd recommend 2.25" piping with the 22" resonator and the largest 2.25" oval muffler you can fit.  http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/universal/oval.htm

Justin McClanahan
95 G20