new muffler setup

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Sun Aug 8 13:23:58 CDT 2004

Alex wrote:

> Im going upgrade the  exhaust on my P10, which as far as I know, has
> been on there for 12 years.   Im not going to go with mandrel bends or
> anything majorly fancy, but I am going  to go and just have a shop

Keep in mind several things:

 - Crush bent exhausts sound like shit.
 - Crush bent exhausts work like shit.
 - Crush bent exhausts look like shit.
 - VRS makes mandrel-bent systems for P10s.

I would suggest calling Miguel at VRS to have him quote you on a "G20 Pipe
Kit," which should be well under $200.  Have your local shop assemble it
for you, but don't let them bend pipes for you. www.vrsexhaust.com

To answer the questions at hand, the longer your resonator (aka glasspack)
is, the quieter it will be.  Unfortunately P10 exhausts have a funny
dogleg in the middle that limits the length of the resonator.  Don't buy
glasspacks from Summit, as all of their designs are louvered.  Thrush
glasspacks are good options, though, if you pick carefully.  Magnaflow is
one of my favorite brands, because they have the best selection and
quality under one roof, but their distribution network is lacking.  Summit
has a couple of good muffler designs, but they're all knockoffs.  Just
stay away from the "Turbo" series, unless you like things quiet and slow.
:)

--
-=|JP|=-   "Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |      cowboydren at b15sentra dot net        |