ARP rod bolts- Need to resize rods?

mike kojima choaderboy2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 14:58:38 CDT 2004

The rods should at least be measured afterwards to see
if they need to be resized.  American cars have the
rods distort when they are removed and replaced, SR
rods are much stronger.  They probably will not need
to be resized but should be checked. Depending on how
tight the interferance fit is, there is a slight
posiblitly that the big end could distort.

SR rods and bolts are pretty strong and changing the
bolts is proably a waste of money. If you are worried
about the rods, then just get stronger aftermarket
rods!

Eagle rods are inexpensive and very strong.  Eagle has
off the shelf SR applications.

Mike