ARP rod bolts- Need to resize rods?

Jeff Daley bigjeff81 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 21:31:15 CDT 2004

Hey guys, I'm a long time reader of the list, but I rarely post.  I have
a question that I hope can be answered by this vast wealth of knowledge
and experience.

I am currently rebuilding an SR20, and have decided to upgrade the rod
bolts to ARP hardware.  I was talking to the local engine builder and he
said it is very important to have the rods resized whenever you change
the rod bolts.  I have never heard of this, but for you who have used ARP
rod bolts, did you have your rods resized?

Thanks,

Jeff