Sold the Classic after 12 years.

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 2 20:47:43 CDT 2004

Mena Aqenenni wrote:

>After 12 years of wonderful ownership, I sold the Classic. It was a pretty
>uneventful experience and it's weird not seeing it outside my house or in my
>garage.

Blood in.  Blood out dude.

Report for retirement. :-)

Sorry to hear it.  I've been on the fence with mine.  At the time I took it
off the road, most of the modifications I had done were still quality
mods.  Now the state of the art for SE-Rs has moved way on.  It needs an
engine, carpet, headliner, paint, suspension, and one day I watched rust
fall off it while I was working on the 944.  Logic tells me to get rid of
it.  It needs *everything*.  But, I'm the original owner of a first year
SE-R.  If I ever get the space I may strip the damned thing completely and
try to do a full restoration.  I'm talking totally stripped, on a
rotisserie and cutting out the rusted panels and welding in new ones
(assuming they are still available from Nissan).  But if I decide not to do
that, there is no reason to keep it.  Tough choice.  I know I will love it
if I totally restore it.  But, I won't have time for that anytime soon.
:-(  And it's taking up space.

George Roffe
Houston, TX  USA
http://www.nissport.com