noise from bellhousing after JDM/tranny install

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Sat Jul 31 19:54:39 CDT 2004

I had bad experience with SOKO, a few times not just on SR20s. I had a
friend who blew up an engine in his SE-R and needed a car to drive to and
from work ASAP. Went to SOKO, picked out a cherry looking SR20 and put it in
the same afternoon. I started it up and it had a rod knock. Removed it,
called them told them about it got a 2nd engine.... same thing. I got the
$$$ back, rebuild one of my spare rod knocking SR20s I had layn around and
installed it in his car. 50K miles on the rebuild SR20 and going strong. My
brother was in the same boat with his G20, needed a car ASAP and got burned
on a bad DET from SOKO. Reason I still go with SOKO is that I can drive out
there, look at the motor I need, and be in my shop in a hour doing a swap.
Even thou they give ya 6mo warranty on their naturally aspirated motors,
I've seen alot of burn outs. Turbo engines carry 30 day warranty. They will
not refund the labor eighter. I put a engine in a Legend for a guy and it
had a blown head gasket - SOKO.
Mike Jez