hotshot horror story

Matt De Francesco ser_sr20de at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 13:25:36 CDT 2004

hey guys I have been a viewer of the list for a couple of years now. Just
wanted to let you guys know I recentely sent a header back to hotshot for
for a cracked weld repair and it was a horrible experience. I sent it out to
them on june 2 and just got it back today july 12. They have no clue of what
customer service means. I am also mounting a pop charger in the fender well
so I needed an extra coupler and maf adapter to mount it up to the end of my
cai tube. They charged me $55 for the maf adapter and the thing was a hunk
of crap. I work in a machine shop as an inspector and when I say this thing
was bad it was terrible full of burrs, tapped holes that I had to rechase
with a tap just to get the bolt to go through. the overall appearance of
this thing was so bad Who ever machined it should never be allowed to touch
a cnc mill again. plus they way overcharged for it. I had to keep calling
and calling and their attitudes were unreal. For anyone who knows him I was
dealing with John. And the best part yet get this the header came back and
the new weld didn't even seal the leak I have to send it home with a guy I
work with to reweld it and clean it up. And these people at hotshot are
proffesionals yeah okay. Well just figured I would let you guys know what to
expect if you ever have to deal with them. I only drive my car during summer
months and I just lost a month and a half of that short time because hot
shot performance consits of a bunch of people who could care less about
customer satisfaction. let me know if any of you have any similar storys.
Thanks
Matt
97  200sx se-r