Bits for a motor swap

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Wed Jun 30 18:26:43 CDT 2004

It's pretty easy to replace the rear main seal with just
the transaxle off, after you put the engine back into
the car.

The fuel filter and oil filter are not mandatory for the swap,
nor do you really want to do either with the engine out of
the car, IMHO.  You also have to bolt up the accessories,
and hence put on the belts with the motor mounted.

Axle seals on the transaxle should be done with the transaxle
off the car, right before you put it back in.

I'd also add that unless your sure the rod bearings are *perfect*
to go ahead and replace them for the $5 a piece.

Front main seal is much easire out of the car, as is the water pump.

Fuel line?  If you mean the rubber parts, they are *very* easy to
replace with the engine in, and the intake off.  I wouldn't bother
unless there's a visible problem.

As always, YMMV.

Greg Vogel at Quality Nissan of Temecula will treat you
pretty good, IMHO.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>