Bits for a motor swap

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Wed Jun 30 18:25:05 CDT 2004

I'm in the middle of a swap myself. The costs can add up quickly. Here
are a few additional maintenance type things that you might consider
doing, depending on condition of old parts, and to take advantage of the
motor/tranny being out and your car being down for a little while:

clutch (disc, pressure plate, release bearing, 2 release bearing
clips)
radiator hoses (top, bottom, rear)
thermostat
heater hoses (inlet, outlet)
oil pressure sender
timing chain tensioner & gasket
shifter rod boot
neutral switch
reverse switch
motor mounts (set of four)
vacuum hoses (rubber or go silicone)
exhaust manifold studs
gasket set (valve cover, intake, exhaust, IAC, EGR)
starter
5th gear pop out kit

Here are a few performance modifications that you might consider at
this time:

lightened flywheel (consider new flywheel bolts, as they are stretch
bolts)
underdrive pulleys (w/ different belts)
bigger radiator
Outlaw Engineering intake spacers (comes with all intake gaskets)
ES steering rack bushings
ES shifter stabilizer bushings
header
cams
adjustable cam sprockets

75% of the OEM parts I was able to buy at deep discount from
www.drivewire.com . The parts did not come in Nissan packaging, but
they are the exact same parts as genuine Nissan, made by the same OEM
manufacturers, with the same Nissan part number stickers on them. Some
of the more specialized parts I had to get from the dealer.

matt ma . 92 SE-R

>>> <Markslc1 at aol.com> 06/30/2004 2:47:42 PM >>>
So I'm replacing my dead DE with another one.  So far I have the
following recommended other parts I should be replacing while the motor
is out

Definately the water pump
Front and rear main seals
Axle seals
New belts
Fuel line (if yours are trashed)
Fuel Filter
Oil Filter

Any others?   And where is the best price to get all this stuff?