2005 convention ideas

Julian julian.hancock at amd.com
Tue Jun 29 14:34:25 CDT 2004

Khiem wrote
 >Hotel next to downtown Austin (Hyatt comes to mind, big parking lot)
 >Drag racing Friday night at San Antonio Raceway ~1 hr from Austin
 >Texas World Speedway on Sat. ~1.5-2 hrs from Austin
 >Sat. night, Salt Lick BBQ ~20-30 min. from downtown Austin.
 >Sat. late night, cab it to downtown or walk about 8-10 blocks and enjoy
 >the many options:)
 >Sunday, mid-morning cruise into the hill country.. 2222 to lime creek road
 >Sunday noon, lunch, car show at a park on Lake Travis.

The only thing I see is if people are willing to do the additional
travel to the dragstrip or TWS from Austin versus one centralized
location. Austin itself is good for everything but a track event.
Did ya'll drive far to the track for other national conventions?
Some will be flying in as well so is being in a town with an airport
(none in TWS/College Station) would be a plus. Just throwing this out...

-Julian
'92 NX turbo & '92 SE-R