'05 Convention in Texas

spdracer at mail.utexas.edu spdracer at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 28 16:31:24 CDT 2004

> I'm shooting for Texas World Speedway in College Station.   The festivities
> could be held in College Station (college town - wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
> or
> Houston or even Austin (another college town - wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Yeah!  TWS is a blast and it'll give the cars a chance to stretch their legs on
the front straight of the oval :)

As for the festivities.... well, College Station is convienent but sucks in
every other way.  Of course, my vote goes for Austin!  I know everyone would
love a little cruise through some of the hill country... ala Lime Creek Road
and some 2222!  Could get crazy should people decide to venture down to 6th
street..... mmmm... Salt Lick BBQ!  Or maybe a nice view from the Oasis...

The track is roughly 1.5 hours from Austin.  One other thing I just thought of,
there's a few parks off the of the lakes to have a picnic.

Khiem