Brake clunking???

Bissland, James James.Bissland at airnz.co.nz
Sun Jun 27 15:22:48 CDT 2004

Thanks David...
Umm, I would say it is a dull clunk more than a sharp metal/metal clunk.
I'll definitly go back and check them tho:)

It clunks just after I depress the brake, but a split second BEFORE the car
autually starts to slow down (before the brakes take effect) It doesn't
really change with speed. I dont have ABS, so that takes that out the
question:)...Hopefully!!

Thanks a million for everyones help...Keep firing thoughts my way tho!!
We HAVE to get to the bottom of this!!
Thanks again!
jb:)

James,

Is this noise something you hear when you tap the brakes at any speed?
Is its volume proportional to the speed at which you're traveling, or is it
constant?
Is it a metal-metal sort of clunk, or a "softer" one?
Are there any wear patterns on the disc surface that look unusual?

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.