Brake clunking???

Raymond Kawski sr20de at epix.net
Sun Jun 27 15:30:49 CDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:20:38 +1200, Bissland, James wrote

> It clunks just after I depress the brake, but BEFORE the car starts
> to slow down (before the brakes take effect) It doesn't really
> change with speed. I dont have ABS, so that takes that out the
> question :)...Hopefully!!

I had a similar sound on my B14 when I ran B13 pads in the rear.  The B13
pads are a tad smaller then the B14 pads so when I would hit the brakes they
would slide and clunk.  The same sound will be heard if you don't have the
shims in.

It could be the slide pins.  How does the boot look on the I believe upper
pin look?  One of the slide pins has a rubber boot the other doesn't.  If the
rubber boot is missing it will make noise too.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski