HS 4th Blown Gen Flex pipe Grrrrrrrrrr

wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 23 21:14:13 CDT 2004

At 09:08 PM 6/23/2004, you wrote:
>I spoke with Hot shot and they are being cool about the [w]hole thing but
>I am still  looking at 50-75 to fix it and then 18 to ship each way so 111
>worst case and I definitely do not want to do this again if I can avoid it
>(15 working day estimate of no car....).   I think I put at least 40,000
>miles on that piece do they just have a short life?

Typical with the damn things.  Where's good to buy that OBX header?

Are they going to replace or repair it?  If repair, is it going to be
recoated (with that pseudo ceramic crap that flakes off) or just leave it
bare metal?

2nd time mine broke, I fixed it myself.  A local muffler shop had flex
couplings for $25.  They sold me one, but didn't want to mess with the
repair themselves.  I cut the old one out and fit it to the pipes.  With it
all reinstalled in the car loose, I drilled and screwed both ends of the
jointe to hold it in the desired location.  Then took it back out and got
it welded (free TIG job by mil-certified welder at work).  The
re-re-installed the whole fucking thing.

So, where's good to buy that OBX header??

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '90 Miata