HS 4th Blown Gen Flex pipe Grrrrrrrrrr

Will Norton will_norton at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 20:08:04 CDT 2004

Ok now I have the blown flex pipe problem in my 94 classic with 130K.   I
have the oriniginal stock motor mounts everywhere except for the front dog
bone.  The header is about 2.5 years old I think... Any I have the full
energy suspension kit installed.   Do I need to replace a motor mount before
I fix the flex pipe.  I can get what sounds like wheel hop on damp roads
when I am driving the car hard.   What does a collapsed passenger side mount
look like?

I spoke with Hot shot and they are being cool about the hole thing but I am
still  looking at 50-75 to fix it and then 18 to ship each way so 111 worst
case and I definitely do not want to do this again if I can avoid it (15
working day estimate of no car....).   I think I put at least 40,000 miles
on that piece do they just have a short life?

I know others have wrestled with this problem  recently.   Any advise
greatly appreciated.  The girl at hotshot recommended that I tried to rock
my motor with the car in gear to check the mounts.  I checked it and nothing
moves.  Is this check sufficient?

Thanks,

Will

94 sapphire blue classic