After Pop Charger Install

hlava lhlvava at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 15:30:18 CDT 2004

I just purchased in installed a home made pop charger from another Florida
member. It's made very well, and he's extremely trust worthy. It's sitting
on a Stillen velocity stack, and the install was pretty quick and straight
forward.

Now, to the questions:

1) What do I do with the "air hose" from the AIV/PAIR that attaches to the
stock airbox? Right now, I just have it hanging in the engine bay. I've pm'd
the original owner, and he just took the hose off the black PAIR, took the
hose completely off and didn't block anything off. I'm assuming that there's
something "cleaner" and better I should be doing... baby K/N filter there,
somewhere, somehow?

2) Is it normal for my idle to change... a lot? It's at about 1800 now, and
drops to about 1000rpm then surges back to 1800. I remember something
similar happening after I pulled and cleaned the throttlebody.

It's easy enough to just readjust the idle, but I don't want to do that if I
have to take care/fix the air hose, first. Don't like to do things twice if
I don't have to... not lazy, just time deficient.

For once in my life, I didn't ask enough questions when I purchased this
time... shame on me, didn't think it all the way through.

Ooops, by the way, this is on a '91 SE-R... my first, ahem cough cough, hp
upgrade, snicker and snerk.

Thanks for your time, and...

Peace,
Mark