Engine Wont Fire After Clutch Install

Chris at SR20 chris at sr20development.com
Wed Jun 16 14:06:30 CDT 2004

Big Ground - engine Ground. IMPORTANT to have connected, if not, starter
will not turn over some times.

Small Ground to Trans, Just for the NEUTRAL and REVERSE sensors. Not vital,
but good idea to have.

Now, If you are getting spark and no fuel... You have checked the Fuel Pump
Relay, and still no go.  This can be a headache.

When checking fuses do the following...
1. check for continuity with DVOM (Digital Volt Ohm Meter)
2. visually look at them to make sure that they are good.
3. MOST IMPORTANT, when using DVOM, Flick them.  Sometime they may look
good, OHM out good, but are barely connect inside the fuse, once the car
vibrates, then the fuse become an open circuit.  I can't tell you how many
times this has kicked my ass.

Since you have a B14, IIRC you want to check a red 10 AMP fuse by the
battery in one of the cases.  This is where I have found this problem to be
mostly.  Also, check the Fuel Pump fuse under the dash.

BTW

??? is your radio working ???
??? does the check engine light come on when you put the key to the ON
position ???

Cheers...