Bad '93 Tranny?

Linn, Steve Steve.Linn at cornerstonecontrols.com
Tue May 25 12:29:30 CDT 2004

Posting this on behalf of a friend not on the list with a '93 SE-R that is
experiencing some issues:
"The car vibrates badly on the highway particularly when you get up to 75-80
miles an hour.  The vibration gets worse when turning left (and makes noise).
It also get worse when turning right, but turning left is worse.  The whole
car shakes badly now.  It's slowly become worse over time.  The faster I go
the worse it is.  When accelerating hard in a straight line it also vibrates.
It's not wheels or tires, not bearings, not brakes (I just changed the
rotors), and the axles look fine, I guess that leaves the transmission?"
Any thoughts?
Motor mounts perhaps?
Or are these possible symptoms of a bad tranny?

Steve in Indy