5th gear popout?

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Sun May 23 12:53:40 CDT 2004

> In most cases yes, this is how it starts.
> But you may want to check your motor mounts
> first because if your mounts are bad it will
> cause the shift liinkage to rub on the
> swaybar causing it to popout in 5th.  This is
> a cheap alternative to a new tranny.

Snip-

Steve has a pretty nicely set up SR20DET swap with alot of goodies- willwood
brakes, HS intercooler kit, disco potato GT28RS turbo, true coilovers with
camber plates, hes also got ES motor mount bushings. Steve, lemme know if U
are in need of a tranny, I always have a few layn around, if not get the 5th
gear pop out parts from Courtesy, bring the tranny to my shop and I will
rebuild it for ya. I've done a few of these pop outs on friends cars... one
of my friends even destroyed the tranny completly and I got pieces from list
members to rebuild it for him for cheap. Rebuilding the whole tranny with
Nissan parts will cost more than 3 used FWD trannies.
Mike Jez
01 Max- all bolt ons- Skyline 13" brakes up front :)
93 G20 SR20DET powered- currently undergoing surgery on the exterior and
engine- HK$ parts.