opening tranny up need question answered.

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 22:17:46 CDT 2004

  I have every piece
> removed that I can see
> that holds the to halves together. I can pry a 1/2
> of space between the halves
> but there is something still holding the 2 halves
> from separating.

***Remove all of the peripheral 12mm bolts that attach
the bellhousing to the tranny case. Next, remove the
10mm bolts that hold the end cover on.  You will need
to remove a snap ring, 2 C-shaped pieces, and a
spacer.  Now that these are removed, the case should
pull straight up.  Note: the bearing stays with the
case as you pull up.  If you still have trouble, you
will need to use a harmonic balancer puller.  The
center of the puller will be placed on the shaft and
you can thread in two M6 x 1.0 bolts into the case.
Tighten the puller and the case will lift up with the
puller while the center of the puller presses down on
the shaft. That should do it.

Good luck,

=====
Jay Whitely