opening tranny up need question answered.

Darren Cotner its311pete at alltel.net
Tue May 18 23:05:32 CDT 2004

Guys I have fell victim of the common housing crack at the pass. axle. I have
a bad tranny with a good case and I am trying to
swap the internals over to the other housing. My goal is to only replace the
engine side of the tranny case.  I have every piece removed that I can see
that holds the to halves together. I can pry a 1/2 of space between the halves
but there is something still holding the 2 halves from separating. I gave up
at 11:30 and was hoping someone could shed a little light on how the halves
come apart.
Thanks
Darren
91 Classic