SERCA Convention

Linn, Steve Steve.Linn at cornerstonecontrols.com
Thu May 13 13:22:53 CDT 2004

Benevolent King Turd responded:

>>>It could be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (which everyone should
>>>see in their lifetime), on the infield.
>I wouldn't count on it.  Big $$$ or specific interest on the part of Tony
>George.

Not a chance.  Trust me on that.

>>>Then for track day we could head over to IRP (www.irponline.com) for drags
>>>and road racing.
>Any idea what the price for the track for a day is?  That is critical and
>usually influences where we go.  We don't go to the big tracks because as
>yet the club cannot afford it.

Dependant upon the balance of services requested or required (fire, medical,
cleanup), expect anywhere between $4000 to $8000 per day for a basic open
track session.  We pay over $16k for two days of SCCA Club Racing.
Keep in mind, you are not dealing with an independent track owner, you are
dealing with the NHRA and a mutli-use facility where the road course is not
even considered a revenue generating source.  It's all about the drag strip
(US Nationals and weekly drag series) and the oval (big NASCAR Busch/Truck
series weekend in August and the weekly stock car series).
The only time there are improvements made to the road course at IRP is when it
is actually being done to support the other uses.  We have a new paved section
through corners 7 thru 9 only because they needed it improved for the
pre-staging area for the drag strip.  I believe the rest of the course dates
back to the 70's and 80's.
It'll knock the fillings out of you teeth in a few places if your not
expecting it.

Steve in Indy
Indy SCCA Pit Chief...and snuck a few more IRP "hot laps" in over the
weekend...