SERCA Convention

Rick Frey rfrey at iupui.edu
Thu May 13 11:41:40 CDT 2004

At 10:24 AM 5/13/2004, George Roffe wrote:
>Kyle Butler wrote:

>>It could be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (which everyone should
>>see in their lifetime), on the infield.

>I wouldn't count on it.  Big $$$ or specific interest on the part of Tony
>George.

I have been to small club events in the infield like a corvair club owners
meet so it can be done affordably.

>>Then for track day we could head over to IRP (www.irponline.com) for drags
>>and road racing.

>Any idea what the price for the track for a day is?  That is critical and
>usually influences where we go.  We don't go to the big tracks because as
>yet the club cannot afford it.

There is putnam park about 50 minutes west of indy which is a real nice
road course and affordable.  there is only one turn where you could hit
something if you get it wrong.  I have gone out there to watch clubbers run
and saw our own Dale Hinson in his ser schooling some mustangs etc.  I just
got an ad from some clubbers runnin IRP and it was about twice that of
putnam park....but a different organization etc.

rick frey