no more SE-R

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Wed May 12 22:50:12 CDT 2004

Just wait till the tranny goes out on the WRX, I have one torn into pieces
at my shop right now. Dude is trying to get a STi tranny from a older EJ20
powered STI from Japan. Stock WRX trannies are worse than the SE-R ones.
Personally I would reather have an EVO or a R32 Golf. WRXs are not fast
enough here in the midwest. Never seen one run 13s yet, I seen one with
about 8K dollars worth of mods run low 14s- but with a auto tranny. 3.5L Max
or Altima can run high 13s with a few mods and a manual tranny, and our
insurance is dirt cheap. I have friends with EVOs and STIs and they are
selling them already... other nicer cars are out there, and are cheaper and
more reliable.
Mike Jez
01 Maxima- all bolt ons Smoked 5 STi at the drag strip so far- ALL MOTOR.
93 G20 SR20DET, GT28RS, MSD 50s, Cobra MAF, JWT S3s, JWT ECU- w/S-AFC2.
79 280ZX 5spd L28E powered drift car.